Saturday, March 5, 2011

Letters from My Daycare

This is a little background on why I had to switch daycare's:

I started going to a new daycare on February 1st, 2011. I had to switch daycare's because my current babysitter was pregnant with twins and she gave mommy a two week notice. Mommy and daddy were really worried they wouldn't be able to find a daycare in two weeks, but they got very lucky! They found a really nice daycare the next day, called Bright Beginnings.

Now onto the letters...

Bright Beginnings gives my parents a report card every day. It is a detailed report of what I ate and when, when they changed my diaper, and when I took a nap. There is also a section for notes. They don't always write my parents a letter, but here are a few letters they written to my parents.

February 2nd, 2011-
Dear Kristin and Jeff, Sophia did so well yesterday. She is a very wonderful eight month old!! We are glad she has come to our care center.

1. She is social- only cries when hurt or afraid.
2. She is doing well with language- babbles and says some words to communicate.
3. She is very active and is discovering her world at a very rapid rate.
4. Her development is typical and motor skills are right on target.

February 16th, 2011-
Little Sophia does well in spite of her not feeling well. Today she said, "mama-mama" and "bye-bye". She pulled herself up to the crib. She continues to do well in her development.

February 25th, 2011-
Today Sophia was the only infant. She received the best one on one care. She is a good eater, sleeper, and crawler. I observed her at length and she is right on schedule with her development. There are four domains: 1-Social and Emotional Development, 2-Language Development and Communication, 3- Cognitive Development, 4- Physical and Motor Development.

March 1st, 2011-
Sophia tried to take a step without holding on to anything. She fell and has not wanted to try since.

March 4th, 2011-
Sophia has almost turned into a toddler. She is a great little girl!

My parents couldn't be happier that I go to Bright Beginnings! I love it too.